First Few Weeks on Campus

 First Few Weeks on Campus

     After starting my sophomore year and getting through the first week, I have started to get moving in my classes. Assignments have started coming in and making me busier than I would like to be. It is not just fun and games anymore now that my professors have kicked it into gear. That does not mean that college is not any fun anymore though. Now it is about getting back into the balance of getting all your work done so you can enjoy yourself while you are at college.

            My classes have really started to take me out of my comfort zone. I really do not enjoy writing things that can be seen by others but here I am writing on my blog. Not only that but in one of my classes,  I was assigned to write a story for the school newspaper. I was super nervous about that because the whole student body could get easy access to my work. The nerves faded when my friends told me that my work was actually pretty good. Those comments really helped me come out of my comfort zone and be less nervous about writing for the public eye. 

            This week is also homecoming week for our school. So, we have had some activities going on campus. On Wednesday September 21st, there was a glow night outside of the University Center. That consisted of karaoke, bumper cars, laser tag, and much more. We also have homecoming games this week for some of our teams, such as women's volleyball, women's soccer, and men's soccer. That is not even the craziest thing that has or will go on this week. 

            We had an incident on Tuesday, where we were supposed to have a fire drill so everyone would know what to do if an actual one occurred. Little did we know that we would not even need the drill, all because on that day, an actual fire broke out. We all thought it was a drill at first until the University Center had to be evacuated and the fire department started to arrive. There was no serious damage done to the building, but the students did get a wakeup call to start there Tuesday, September 20th. 

            I have also been attending my school's sporting events to show support for the other teams on campus. It is really cool to see people that I talk to on a regular basis, go out and play their sport at a high competition level. This is what the first part of my sophomore year has been like thus far. I hope we will have more fun and entertaining events take place in the future, just like the ones I experienced this week as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last week Before Finals

Spring Time

Move In Week To Begin My Sophomore Year